Domaine Weinbach

The Clos des Capucins, a historic soil, extends over 5 hectares, protected by the surrounding walls of the former Capuchin monastery. The latter is quoted as soon as 890, the year when the empress Richarde gave it to the Abbey of Etival, which left a part of the soil to the Capuchin monks.

At the foot of the majestic Schlossberg hill, you’ll find the Domaine Weinbach surrounded by vines and roses. Named after the ” wine brook “, the little stream that meanders through the estate, Domaine Weinbach was established in 1612 by Capuchin monks.

During the French Revolution, the Domaine was sold as a national property. It was acquired in 1898 by the Faller brothers who left it to their son and nephew Théo.

Théo Faller, a prominent figure in Alsace winegrowing, strove to improve the quality of Alsace wines. As a fervent advocate of the region’s recognition as an Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée, he continuously promoted its incomparable terroirs and grape varieties. Théo was devoted to Domaine Weinbach. He developed, expanded and enhanced it.

Since his death in 1979, his wife Colette and daughters, have carried on Théo’s passion for the great wines of Alsace and his unrelenting commitment to delivering excellence.